Friday 23 April 2010

Penjara Dunya, Syurga Akhirat

Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem
Assalammualaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu


May all of us are tasting the sweetness of iman that is oh so sweet and delicious in the qalb and are in good health. Insya Allah. I felt of sharing this, may Allah engulf us with Rahmah and put us in line with the seekers of Truth who are the muttaqeen, mukhlisin and the mukmineen. Allahumma ameen.


Uzlah an-nafs

This is a poem by a brother who is imprisoned somewhere in the US. May Allah showers him (and us) with rahmah and baraqah also forgive our sins that we concealed and that we have done in the past, at present and in the future. Ameen ya Rabbal 'alameen.

It was late at night
And I lay still on my bed
-In my cell-
Sleepy yet unable to sleep

Restless and
Wide awake
Feeling scared and uneasy

Thinking about my family and friends
Thinking about life in the Hereafter
-Thinking about Death-

I got lost in my thoughts
-Literally-

Thought about death
-So deeply-

Thought about the End of the World
Thought about the Signs of the End of the World
Thought about my beloved family

My eyes wide open
-Conscious yet not breathing-

I was trembling and shivering
I was feeling cold and
I was feeling scared

‘Death could get us all at any time
-I thought-

‘I’m scared to die
I’m not ready for death
I’ve not done anything right
I’ve not repented enough
I know I’ll be going to hell
I want to go home to my family
And be able to tell them how much they mean to me’

My mind taking control
-Thoughts of regret swam through my head-

I never done anything right
I had plenty of time to repent
-Yet I never repented-

It’s not until I was imprisoned
-That I began thinking-

That I began repenting
That I began
-Whole Heartedly-
praying

That I came to understand
The importance of loving and caring
About how much
-Family-
meant

The importance of parents
The importance of life

My prayers lasted four to five hours
My du’aa lasted three to four hours

I would weep
I would cry
-Out Aloud-

I would
-Desperately-
ask Allah For His Divine help

I didn’t like where I was

The place scared me
It didn’t feel right
I felt out of place
I felt like a stranger
-Like a sheep in a herd of camels-

I felt scared of the fellow prisoners
They were big and tall

I thought they were going to hurt me
-Beat me and kick me-

The prisoners were scary looking
Always looking drugged and doped
Yet I refused to judge them
-By what I saw-

I didn’t want to know about their crime
I didn’t even mind about being locked up in solitary confinement
Because it was much safer
-Than being out there amongst them-

Prison ain't a place for a Muslim
It ain't a place for an innocent person
It ain't a ‘cool’ place to be
It is Hell inside

The prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said:
‘This Dunya is like a Prison for the believers’

-Subhanallah-
Indeed the saying is true

But when in prison
And you look around
And you observe the place
And the kinds of people inside
And you sit and contemplate
And you think deeply about life
You come to the realization that

Prison is hell
And it is heaven
-Outside-

But once released
And you’re out
The Dunya is indeed a prison for the believers

I came to learn a lot about my religion
-Whilst inside-
By reading the Holy Quran

And my main regret
Is that I never concentrated on the Quran
-When outside-

I never even tried to understand
I read but I never contemplated
upon the
-Individual-
Words of Allah

I experienced Islam
-When inside-

I experienced what
-Being a Muslim-
Is all about

The way we’re meant to
-Fear Allah-

So much fear should be in our hearts
That we should be scared not just to close our eyes
-But to even blink-

In fear that
-Death-
Could get us
-Anytime-

That we should be happy and eager to
-Meet Allah-

For the one who is
-Eager to meet Allah-
Indeed Allah is eager to meet him

Yet at the same time
We should be scared to meet Allah

-In fear that He may not be happy with us-
Due to the amount of
-Minor-
Sins we all commit
Knowingly and unknowingly

Not just read but
-Contemplate-
On the
-Individual-
Wordings of the Holy Quran

We’re never that busy
So why don’t we do Dhikr
-On our right fingers-


Why do we not Praise
Thank and Glorify Allah?
-Subhanallah-

So many questions asked
And so many lessons learnt
We are Muslims
And the Quran is our Holy Book

I learnt millions and millions of lessons
-When inside-

But these lessons were learnt
Not just from my experience
Of being inside
But mostly from reading the Holy Quran

You don’t have to be imprisoned to read the Quran
Look to your right
Look to your left
Look in front of you
-There should be a Quran somewhere near you-

Start in the name of Allah
Pick it up
Open it
Read it
Contemplate
Understand
Acknowledge
And put into practise

We Muslim prisoners have no excuses
And nor should you

Because I
-Lyrically-
Just told you what to do

And if you didn’t pick up
-Some-
Of the lessons from this poem

Then I suggest you re-read
-By scrolling to the top-

By Lyrical Enigma

Masha Allah tabarakallah.
How this shows the divine Love that Allah has upon His slave that He puts His sinful slave through trials in this fana world to introduce this beautiful taste of faith to them. May this be a good reminder to us for we might be the lucky few who Allah had granted the taste of faith and the knowledge of this beautiful deen. Subhanallahi wabihamdih, subhanallahil azheem.


Wallahua'lam
Segala puji hanya bagi Allah, Tuhan sekalian alam

No comments:

Life is for Rent

Life is for Rent
"Ya Tuhan kami. Berikanlah kami Rahmat dari sisi-Mu dan sempurnakanlah petunjuk yang lurus bagi kami dalam urusan kami" [al-Kahf:10]