Wednesday 19 May 2010

Caravanserai

Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem
Assalammualaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

This is our journey

Talib al-Habib - Caravanserai

And so this traveller
Lost and weary wandering far from home
Came at last upon your caravanserai
And were the oceans meet the sea
In grief and anguish he did weep
So long I've wandered and yet still I know not what I seek
And yet reflected in your eyes I see the truth that splits the night
So can you whisper to me
The secret of what worship is
So you said to me: La ilaha ilallah Allahu Allahu

You cannot worship until you love
You cannot love until you feel
You cannot feel until you understand
You cant understand until you learn
You cannot learn until you have been found
Can't be found until you seek
You cannot seek nor find, until you yearn
And you will not yearn till you remember
So remember
La ilaha ilallah Allahu Allahu

The traveller's heart stood and awoke
And born aloft on wings of hope
They held a deeper mystery glimmering beneath your words
He cast himself before your feet
And know that, that of which you speak
Cant only find by seeking
But only seekers find it
Yet in the footsteps that you make
I see the path that I must take
So may I follow you and learn the secrets that you keep

You said: Remember and you will yearn
Yearn and you will seek
Seek, seek you will be found
And when you're found then you will learn
When you learn then you will understand
Understand and you will feel when you feel Him
Then you will love
And when you love then you will worship
Then you worship
La ilaha ilallah Allahu Allahu

Wallahua'lam
Segala puji hanya bagi Allah, Tuhan sekalian alam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these words :) Talib al Habib is surely inspiring...

Life is for Rent

Life is for Rent
"Ya Tuhan kami. Berikanlah kami Rahmat dari sisi-Mu dan sempurnakanlah petunjuk yang lurus bagi kami dalam urusan kami" [al-Kahf:10]