Saturday 22 November 2008

As-Sayyid al-Istighfar

Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim

Allah listens when others not

This is the translation for the master supplication for forgiveness that were repeated by our beloved prophet Muhammad s.a.w always for supplication:

O God (Allah s.w.t), You are my Lord, there is no God but You. You created me, and I am Your servant. I uphold your covenant and Your promise to the best of my ability. I seek refuge in You from faults of my own doings. I acknowledge the blessings you have showered upon me, and I acknowledge my shortcomings. So, forgive me, for indeed, none forgives sins except You.

This is the meaning of this supplication (doa: penghulu segala istighfar) in Malay (my mother tongue):

Ya Tuhanku (Allah s.w.t), Engkau adalah Tuhanku, tidak ada Tuhan selain Engkau; engkau menciptakan dan aku abdi-Mu, dan aku berada dalam perjanjian dengan-Mu, ikrar kepada-Mu (yang akan ku laksanakan dengan) segala kemampuanku; dan aku berlindung kepada-Mu, dari kejahatan apa-apa yang telah aku lakukan; aku mengakui (dengan sebenar-benarnya) nikmat-Mu kepadaku; dan aku mengakui dosaku, maka ampunilah aku, kerana tidak ada yang boleh mengampuni dosa-dosa, kecuali Engkau.

The Prophet s.a.w said: "Whoever says this when he arises in the morning and [again] in the evening and then dies either that day or that evening, he will enter the Garden (jannah)."

Taken from the book Purification of the Heart (Matharat al-Qulub) by Syeikh Hamza Yusuf

If you are a frequent reader and reciter of the daily supplications of the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w that were compiled by as-Syahid Imam Hassan al-Banna (the al-Ma'thurat), you'll probably realize that you have been reciting this doa everyday (in the morning and in the evening). Masha Allah, tabarak Allah. Here's the recitation of the al-Ma'thurat sughra (sughra: short/small):


al-ma'thurat: Part 1


al-ma'thurat: Part 2


al-ma'thurat:Part 3

wallahua'lam
segala puji hanya bagi Allah, Tuhan sekalian alam

No comments:

Life is for Rent

Life is for Rent
"Ya Tuhan kami. Berikanlah kami Rahmat dari sisi-Mu dan sempurnakanlah petunjuk yang lurus bagi kami dalam urusan kami" [al-Kahf:10]